In Silico Study of Novel Ketorolac as selective Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)
Ketorolac is a non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Ketorolac works by inhibiting the enzymes Cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and Cyclooxygenase-2(COX-2). Because it also interacts with it, it gives several side effects, especially on digestion. This study aimed to design and obtain a novel ketorolac, a modification of the ketorolac compound that is selective and does not interact with it. Modify the structure by adding a substituent at the para position in the benzene ring. The method was carried out in silico with molecular docking. Predictions were made from the physicochemical properties, ADME as a pharmacokinetic profile, and its toxicity using pkCSM and Protox online. The results showed that compound J had a better affinity than ketorolac for the Cyclooxygenase-2(COX-2) receptor and had no affinity for the Cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) receptor because it showed a positive docking score. Still, on the other hand, it showed different results. lack of adherence to Lipinski's 5th law as a physicochemical basis and provides predictions of hepatotoxicity
Banerjee, P. et al. (2018) ‘ProTox-II: A webserver for the prediction of toxicity of chemicals’, Nucleic Acids Research, 46(W1), pp. W257–W263. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gky318.
Desmedt, C. et al. (2018) ‘Potential Benefit of Intra-operative Administration of Ketorolac on Breast Cancer Recurrence According to the Patient ’ s Body Mass Index’, 110, pp. 1115–1122. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djy042.
Jain, A.N. and Nicholls, Æ.A. (2008) ‘Recommendations for evaluation of computational methods’, (February), pp. 133–139. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10822-008-9196-5.
Katsila, T. et al. (2016) ‘Computational approaches in target identification and drug discovery’, Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 14, pp. 177–184. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csbj.2016.04.004.
Kesuma, D. et al. (2018) ‘Uji in silico Aktivitas Sitotoksik dan Toksisitas Senyawa Turunan N-(Benzoil)-N’- feniltiourea Sebagai Calon Obat Antikanker’, JPSCR : Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Clinical Research, 3(1), p. 1. Available at: https://doi.org/10.20961/jpscr.v3i1.16266.
Łanocha-Arendarczyk, N. et al. (2018) ‘Expression and activity of COX-1 and COX-2 in acanthamoeba sp.-infected lungs according to the host immunological status’, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 19(1), pp. 1–17. Available at: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19010121.
Nørregaard, R., Kwon, T.H. and Frøkiær, J. (2015) ‘Physiology and pathophysiology of cyclooxygenase-2 and prostaglandin E2 in the kidney’, Kidney Research and Clinical Practice, 34(4), pp. 194–200. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.krcp.2015.10.004.
Pires, D.E.V., Blundell, T.L. and Ascher, D.B. (2015) ‘pkCSM: Predicting small-molecule pharmacokinetic and toxicity properties using graph-based signatures’, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 58(9), pp. 4066–4072. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.5b00104.
Zahra, A.P. and Carolia, N. (2017) ‘Obat Anti-inflamasi Non-steroid ( OAINS ): Gastroprotektif vs Kardiotoksik’, Majority, 6, pp. 153–158.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors continue to retain the copyright to the article if the article is published in the Annual Symposium on Hajj and Umrah Medicine (ANSHAR). They will also retain the publishing rights to the article without any restrictions.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with an acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of published work articles (e.g., post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, acknowledging its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) before and during the submission process, which can lead to productive exchanges and earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.